ClipperCreek now includes their new plug-in 32 Amp dual charging stations in the popular buy-back program
Auburn, CA — ClipperCreek, a leading manufacturer of residential and commercial electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), just announced a new plug-in dual electric vehicle (EV) charging station, the HCS-D40P. The HCS-D40P is a 32 Amp, level 2 plug-in station, installs onto a single dedicated 40A circuit, and can charge two vehicles simultaneously. The HCS-D40P is offered with a NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 plug and automatically splits power between two vehicles based on the vehicles’ requests for power, with up to 16 Amps of electricity each when both are charging and up to 32 Amps when one vehicle is charging. The HCS-D40P comes with ClipperCreek’s best value features including 25 foot charging cables, a rugged, fully sealed NEMA 4 enclosure and ClipperCreek’s best in class 3-year warranty and outstanding customer support. The HCS-D40P is available for $1,369 from ClipperCreek.
The HCS-D40P comes ready for wall mount installation and is easily swapped out with the original HCS-40P or HCS-50P making them perfect additions to the Trade-UP! program. “The HCS-D40P is a great value and an exciting product offering. Many of our residential customers who originally bought a plug-in HCS station for home charging now have a second or even third EV. The HCS-D40P allows them to charge two vehicles at the same time without electrical infrastructure upgrades. The Trade-UP! lets them swap out their original station for a dual station at a significant savings, and use the same outlet. We think this is a great solution and provides excellent value for many customers,” said Amanda Lance, ClipperCreek Inside Sales Manager.
“The Trade-UP! program was introduced in May and has been very popular. We’ve now expanded the program to buy back HCS-50P units and added the new plug-in HCS-D40P to the list of dual stations that qualify as well,” said Lance. “For a limited time, consumers who purchase any dual charging station (hardwired, ruggedized, or plug-in) can sell their functioning used HCS-40, HCS-40P HCS-50, or HCS-50P back to ClipperCreek for $250.” Click to view complete terms and conditions.
“We listen to our customers,” remarked Jason France, President and Founder of ClipperCreek. “We develop products that reflect our commitment to advancing electric vehicles and bring the greatest value to our customers. This is an affordable solution to accommodate multiple electric vehicles, which many households and businesses now need.”
Features of the HCS dual charging station include:
- 7kW of power to charge two electric vehicles quickly
- 32 Amp hardwired station that installs onto a single dedicated 40A circuit
- Hardwired or plug-in available (NEMA 6-50 or NEMA 14-50 plug)
- Charges two vehicles simultaneously, automatically splitting power with up to 16 Amps of electricity each when both are charging and up to 32 Amps when one vehicle is charging
- Fully sealed, weatherproof NEMA 4 station enclosure for indoor or outdoor installation
- Operating temperatures: -22°F to 122°F (-30°C to 50°C)
- Integrated cable wrap making storing the cables simple and convenient
- Optional Cable Cradle offered for flexible cable management for just $19
- Two 25 foot charging cables for installation flexibility and superior vehicle reach
- Two SAE J1772 universal connectors, suitable for charging any electric vehicle in the US
- Connectors accommodate a specially sized padlock for security (padlocks included)
- Two SAE J1772 connector holsters included
- 3-year warranty and support from the outstanding ClipperCreek customer service team
- No assembly required
- Made in America
Stations eligible for Trade-UP! include:
The HCS-D40P is available for purchase immediately at the ClipperCreek online store or by calling the ClipperCreek customer service center at 877-694-4194. Click for more information about the Trade-UP! program, including full terms and conditions.
The ClipperCreek HCS-D40 Dual charging station qualifies for several popular rebate and incentive programs including Sacramento Municipal Utility District’s (SMUD) Drive Electric and Save program, SRP Workplace Charging Rebate, Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (LADWP) Charge Up LA! program, and the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District Charge Up! program. For additional incentives in other areas please visit the ClipperCreek EVSE Rebates and Tax Credits page which lists incentives by state.